- About Us
- Forms & Links
1. The following regulations regarding Academic Research Ethics courses (ARE-courses) are to ensure that students of the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology observe proper academic ethics and follow the academic regulations during their studies.
2. ARE-courses are zero-credit courses. All NTUST students enrolled in master's and doctoral programs should take an ARE-course before the end of the first academic year. Passing of an ARE-course is an application requirement for the master’s or doctoral degree examination.
3. Course enrollment can be completed in one of the following ways, with enrollment options to be announced on the website of the Center for General Education.
Upon registration of the new students in the beginning of each term, the Office of Academic Affairs shall upload the necessary information to the platform of the Center for Taiwan Academic Research Ethics Education and assist students in setting up their accounts. After completion of the ARE-course, the Office of Academic Affairs shall download the list of students who passed the course. A “pass” remark will be entered into students’ transcripts.
The Center for General Education will send the list of students who passed the ARE-course to the Office of Academic Affairs, and the Office of Academic Affairs will record the result in students’ transcripts.
4. If students want to have the ARE-course waived, they should submit the application form with a certificate of previously taken ARE-course to the Centre for General Education.
5. This regulation is implemented and revised after being approved by Commission of General Education and Meeting of Academic Affairs.